In this technology driven world it's the little things I desperately miss...Does talking exist anymore?! I got friends that literally have a relationship based on texting! I am almost convinced that high school relationships (if you were in high school before 1999) were more intimate than they are now..I will explain:
- In school you spent hours talking and getting to really know the people around you. I can still hear my mama picking up the phone cussing me out "do you know what time it is?! Get your ass off this phone right now!" Texting was maybe 3 words on your beeper! (304, cant remember the one for i love u LOL)
- You knew the person's background, probably their family, their ex's
- You went on dates the movies the mall the park just to enjoy each other
- You snuck out (if you were naughty like me) just to be close to the person
- You were satisfied by just them (their popularity might have been a factor but not really) not if they paid bills, bought you things it was just them. it was new, fresh and was a simple love.
Remember when you got the new Jordans and couldn't wait to get to school or the first day of school and couldn't get to sleep excited about the possiblities?
Remember when you got their phone number and was satisfied for the week damn near the month with a big ol' grin?
Remember when you were excited when they passed you a note?
Remember that FEELING??? That FEELING is what I miss the most. Bring it back!!!!
I even miss reading my year book with the infamous:
So Long (Baby if they cared Bitch if they was funny) I'm gone! LOL
Why does this have to be a stroll down memory lane. Why do we replace real intimacy for the frivolous shit? (I am guilt as charged too) I am ready to say enough with that shit! Let us get back to the basics. I vow to try... can you?